This policy applies to the accommodation aspect of Victorian Independent Property Consulting's activities.
1. Victorian Independent Property Consulting's reservation centre provides real estate consulting services via its online & telephone services.
6. Personal Information may be held at Victorian Independent Property Consulting's head office.
7. Victorian Independent Property Consulting's contact details in relation to privacy matters are C/- Privacy Officer:
Victorian Independent Property Consulting PO Box 12728 A'Beckett Street Melbourne VIC 8006
1. We will only collect Personal Information if it is necessary for one of our functions.
2. We will collect Personal Information in a lawful and fair way and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
3. Where possible we will make the provision of Personal Information optional.
4. It is necessary for us to collect Personal Information to carry out a number of functions, including but not limited to;
5. We may collect, use and disclose non personal information such as:
C. Cookies & Links (For Web Site users)
1. A "cookie" is a piece of electronic information that is stored on your browser by the Web Site. The Web Site can then refer to that cookie to remember the context of the current user.
2. Victorian Independent Property Consulting's Web Site only uses session cookies. Session cookies hold transient information about the current user's context (within a single "session") rather than between visits. Session cookies delete themselves each time you close or re-open your browser, or after 2 hours (whichever comes first), leaving no trace of Personal Information anywhere - neither on the Web Site, nor on the browser.
3. These session cookies are necessary for the user to browse the Web Site (i.e. you are not able to use the site if you disable the cookies). The session cookies are not stored in the "Windows/Cookies" or the "Windows/Temporary Internet Files" folders or on disk in any way.
5. Victorian Independent Property Consulting's Web Site may from time to time contain advertisements placed by third party companies or links with other web sites. Web sites associated with those third party companies or accessed via these links may contain cookies which may operate differently and collect personal information by different methods. We strongly suggest that you check the Privacy Policies of these sites.
Victorian Independent Property Consulting does not monitor these sites and is not responsible for their content. If you link to another web site you do so at your own risk. Victorian Independent Property Consulting makes no warranties regarding these web sites and takes no responsibility for any Privacy Policies or practices of any sites linked to the Web Site.
D. Use of Personal Information
1. We will use the Personal Information which we obtain from you (or your agent) to meet the purpose for which the information was provided.
2. We may use non-personal data for various purposes including, amongst other things analysis, improving our processes, services and products.
3. You may notify us if you do not want to receive direct marketing communications or any communications from us, by notifying the Privacy Officer. In the case of e-mail communications or offers, you will have the additional option to unsubscribe where indicated.
4. Victorian Independent Property Consulting's will not sell or trade your Personal Information to third parties with out your consent
E. Disclosure of Personal Information
1. The Personal Information that you have submitted may be disclosed to a third party to the extent necessary to provide the service that you have requested be transacted by Victorian Independent Property Consulting's or to meet the purpose for which it was submitted.
2. Where you make a booking via Victorian Independent Property Consulting's Web Site or via Victorian Independent Property Consulting's telephone or fax service, the Personal Information that you submit will be disclosed to the property that you (or your agent) are booking in order to complete the reservation;
3. In order to operate our systems and Web Site, from time to time we may engage contractors for a variety of purposes eg to assist us with mail outs. Where this is necessary we will obtain their agreement to comply with the National Privacy Principles.
4. Personal Information may be disclosed to a third party if;
5. to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual or public health and safety; or
6. to disclose to an enforcement body or relevant authority as permitted by the National Privacy Principals
7. we have advised you that it will be disclosed to a particular third party at the time of collection or in this Policy.
1. Should you seek access to your Personal Information, please forward a written request to the Privacy Officer.
2. We will provide access to Personal Information in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. We may charge reasonable fees for access.
1. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information that we collect is accurate, complete and up to date.
1. We will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
2. Victorian Independent Property Consulting's has taken the following measures to help secure the Personal Information submitted via the Victorian Independent Property Consulting's Web Site(s).
Reservations: The Reservation Request Forms on the Victorian Independent Property Consulting's Web Site are secured by the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. This protocol ensures that all information submitted in our online reservation request system is sent directly to the Victorian Independent Property Consulting's hosting server limiting the danger of interception.
E-mails: E-mails transmitted from the hosting server to the Victorian Independent Property Consulting's central reservations service are protected using PGP encryption. PGP encryption offers digital signatures and 1024 bit security to prevent and detect tampering with, interception, or forgery of messages (for further information visit www.pgp.com).
Secure channels: Both Microsoft and Netscape browsers provide users with a positive visual clue that they are at a secure site. In Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer, the closed padlock icon appears in the lower right hand corner of the browser.
Whilst Victorian Independent Property Consulting's will take all reasonable steps to protect the transmission, no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be totally secure. As such we make no warranty about the security, accuracy or privacy of Personal Information submitted to Victorian Independent Property Consulting's Web Site.
I. Further Information, Correction & Deletion
1. If you require further information about our privacy procedures or you would like to make corrections to your Personal Information held by us, please forward your written request to the Privacy Officer.
2. If you would like us to delete your Personal Information you should write to the Privacy Officer who will use all reasonable endeavours to delete your Personal Information from Victorian Independent Property Consulting's records.
J. Complaint Process
If you have any concerns in relation to the handling of your Personal Information, please direct those concerns in writing to the Privacy Officer.